Acomb First School – School Uniform Information
At Acomb First School, we have a school uniform which all children are expected to wear everyday whilst learning. We believe that our uniform is colourful, comfortable and easy to maintain and stands out as something our children are proud to wear each and every day as a child of Acomb First School. It also helps to create a sense of community and belonging.
Our aims and objectives
Our policy on school uniform is based on the belief that we are pleased to wear a uniform that:
- Ensures clarity of what can and cannot be worn
- Promotes a sense of pride in our school
- Helps to create a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- Identifies pupils within the school
- Prevents pupils from wearing ‘fashion clothes’ that could be distracting in class
- Is practical, smart, and designed with health and safety in mind
- Is considered to be good value for money and inclusive
Our school uniform consists of the following:
- Acomb logo school jumper or cardigan or plain blue jumper / cardigan
- Sky blue polo t-shirt
- Grey trousers, shorts or skirt, pale blue summer dress.
- For PE – blue shorts, white t-shirt, tracksuit and sandshoes or trainers
- Forest School kit (to wear to school on Wednesday/Thursday) – long sleeved top, long trousers, warm jumper / hoody. Waterproof coat and suitable footwear. In winter we will ask for hats and gloves and in summer, sun hats and sun cream.
- Please bring your child’s PE kit with you on the first day of school. It will be sent home at the end of every half term to be washed.
- Children should not wear any form of jewellery other than a watch. No earrings should be worn.
- Children should not wear any form of hair colouring / dye unless given permission by school staff as part of a charity / celebration event.
- Children should not wear any forms of makeup or nail varnish to school and extreme hair cuts or hairstyles are not allowed.
- Long hair should be tied back for health and safety reasons and to help avoid the spread of head lice.
- Footwear should be plain flat shoes. No heels allowed and no trainers allowed other than for PE or forest school.
- Logo book bags and PE bags can be purchased from SALTO UK.
All of our uniform is available to order through SALTO UK. This is based in Prudhoe. The shop address is Low Prudhoe Industrial Estate, 3D Princess Ct, Prudhoe NE42 6PL. You can order by calling 01661 835240 or using their online store www.saltouk.com, click school uniform and then choose our school from the list. If you do not want to buy our logo uniform you are welcome to buy plain jumpers and t-shirts in the correct colours for school and PE from all good supermarkets.
Please ensure that you name every item that your child wears or brings to school as things do get misplaced so it is easier to return them to the rightful owner.